There are currently no course available, please check back soon.
Week 1: Understanding & hand coding HTML5
- web files and folder structure
- HTML5 tags and page content markup
- block and in-line elements
- lists and special characters
- creating a web page
- HTML5 w3c validation
Week 2: Web graphics and hand coding CSS
- graphics for the web
- photoshop for web image optimisation
- basic images in HTML5
- CSS (cascading style sheets) basics
- applying CSS to HTML
- CSS box model
- CSS w3c validation
Week 3: Building sites with an HTML editor
- introduction to web servers and clients
- FTP (file transfer protocol) for uploading your site to the web
- using an HTML editor
- further HTML5 tags and CSS
- CSS floats
Week 4: Building an example site & forms to capture data
- building a site from start to finish
- implementing a simple design
- form elements in HTML
- accessible form layouts
- get and post methods
- form processing with PHP
- styling forms with CSS
- image replacement
- block hovers
- second web site project start
- photoshop for web layouts
Week 6: Finishing a site build & tips
- finish project
- embedding youtube video
- bugs in internet explorer
- SEO (search engine optimisation) techniques
- google analytics and web master tools
- xml sitemaps
- site design process
- web hosting
Is it suitable for me?
You just need to be computer literate, so being able to install programs and setting up files and folders on your computer.
What do I need to bring?
You will need to bring your own laptop so that you can continue to work at home during the course. Windows, Mac or Linux are all ok.
How much does it cost?
£285.00 inclusive of VAT.
When are the courses?
Generally we run them on Thursday or Tuesday evenings, from 6.30pm till 9.00pm.
Where is it held?
The lessons are held at Bhasvic College 10 mins from hove train station, so easy to get to from Brighton. Parking is available in either the main or staff car park and more detailed directions can be found here: https://www.bhasvic.ac.uk/cont...
How many students?
We have a maximum class size of five.
How long is the course?
Booking your place
This 6 week course costs £285 (inclusive of vat).
To book we require an £135 non-refundable deposit, with the remaining £150 payable before week 3.
You can pay now or we accept cheques, cash and bank transfers.